The best-selling Pungo 120 kayak produced by wilderness system has come to stay. It is a fine balance of manageability, stability,speed, and comfort. The kayak has an ample storage capacity permitting it to handle with ease.
Below are some key features of the wilderness systems pungo 120 Kayak which makes it a boat with a very unique experience:
- The kayak has a Large open cockpit which make sit easy to get in and out of it. This large space also provides extra room to shift about while you are inside.
- This boat is built with a removable Kayak console.When removed from the kayak, it provides added storage space and convenience
- It has a unique Contoured seat and seat back.These seat and seat backs have variable padding densities. You can increase it where you need it more and reduce it where you don’t. this goes a long way to saving the weight and improving breathability
- Seat’s leg lifter has a softer edge that contours to thighs, alleviating pressure points that cause legs to go numb
- It is also designed in such a way that the thigh and knee paddles with a slidelock foot brace system. This goes a long way to maximizes comfort. It also ensures optimal paddling positions.
- The kayak has a full-size, watertight sternhatch. This hatch has a bulkhead which holds your lunch and extra clothes when you are on the water.
- The Soft-touch, ergonomic carry handles have a soft rubber construction which makes it easy to carry your kayak to and from the water
Length: 12′ / 366 Cm
Width: 29″ / 74 Cm
Boat Weight: 49 Lbs. / 22 Kg
Deck Height: 13″ / 33 Cm
Cockpit Length: 57″ / 145 Cm
Cockpit Width: 22″ / 56 Cm
Max Capacity: 325 Lbs. / 147 Kg
- The design of the kayak makes it very stable.
- While on the water, it tracks very well.
- The kayak comes with nice features, including a dashboard and rear hatch
- The cockpit is very spacious making it very free for even fat and bulky people to have a cool experience in the water. If you are a little bit of a fat person, you will find more than enough room in thiskayak.
- Another thing we loved about this kayak is the fact that it has a very comfortable seat, which supports your lower back.
- The Pungo 120 Kayak tracks very well on water. If you are a beginner or a pro, you will find it very easy to improve your paddling skills with this kayak.
- Coupled to the fact that the kayak is very user friendly, the boat is also very stable and it easily glides through the water.
- The design width of the kayak makes it extremely stable when entering and exiting it. When it you and turn and twist not being scared that it will tip off with you.
- Another interesting feature of this boat is that it keeps you dry. Very little or no water enters the boat while you are in it.
- It is a Light weighted boat. The Pungo 120 Kayak weighs just about fifty pounds. This makes it easy to handle.
- The first dislike you might find with the kayakis that the dry storage area is never completely dry.
- The console has some sharp pointing edges that can cause some annoying thigh scrapes. This make is difficult for you to enjoy the ride while on water.
- Even though the boat is designed to carry about 325 pounds, loading the boat to more than 275 pounds may be pushing it beyond its limit. This will cause the boat will ride slowly, and become very difficult to control.
- The kayak has a Small hull
- Another major dislike is the fact that it lacks a drain plug. This of course is quite disappointing considering the other good features on the boat.
- The shiny plastic on the kayak peels off when scratched.
- The kayak is not the best for paddling through very fast rapids water because the water is going to spill over into your cockpit.
- Its easy to paddle when the water is calm but you might find it a bit tough when conditions are windy.
[usrlist “Performance:4.5” “Speed:4.5” “Durability:4.5” “Comfort:4.5” “Price:4.5” “Overall:4.5”]
Wrapping it up
The Pungo 120 Kayak is good boat for a beginner or if you want to improve your paddling speed because of its stability, ease of use and tracking. If you remove the kayak console, it provides you with some more space making it possible for you to take another person or a small pet with you. For best experience of the kayak ride on flat water because the kayak rides well. I would definitely recommend this boat for you.