Have you been looking at a Riot Quest 10 with longing eyes? We know how that must be.
On the surface, this is easily one of the most beautiful units that money can buy. Under the hood, it is still one of the high-functional picks out there. In this review, we are going to look at everything that makes the Quest 10 special, where it excels the most and what areas it might default on.
Roll this one into the lake and see how it holds up, shall we?
After reviewing a lot of kayaks right here, we cannot but notice that Riot made some improvements to this upgrade of their existing Quest 9.5. A lot of these upgrades sit down too well with us. Some of the ones that really stand out are:
- Build: Polyethylene builds are always great, but Riot took it a notch further by adding the rotomolded technology to this unit. That makes sure the unit can deliver on all fronts of performance, ruggedness and stability while still being affordable.
- Comfort: A lot of thought was put into the comfort of this unit for the paddler. That starts from the integrated thigh braces which gives the paddler comfort when they are in the cockpit.
This offering is bettered in the addition of a flush mounted rod holder, upfront storage and adjustable foot braces to make the experience better streamlined to the rider.
- Versatility: You can grab one of these and apply it to just about any mini-boating/ kayaking needs that you might have.
The stability is rock-solid, making it an ideal fit for fishing and family paddling. Its size also makes it possible to use the same kayak for an adult and kids.
Riot Quest 10 Specs
Out of every box containing this Riot Quest 10, here are the measurements and specs that you should expect with the unit.
Carrying capacity: 148kg
Material: Rotomolded polyethylene
Colors: Red, Yellow, Orange, Blue/ White, Red/ Yellow
Looking to get some convincing on why this unit is just great for you? Here goes:
- The Quest 10 has been built for all skill levels –beginner, intermediate and expert
- It is optimized for average to large adult paddlers
- The stability makes the kayak ideal for fishing
- Polyethylene design gives the kayak a very solid overall feel
- Thigh braces makes it very comfortable to the thighs when paddling
- Adjustable foot braces are present in this unit
- Comes with a drain plug to get rid of all the excess water
- There is a flash mounted rod holder in place
- The foredeck offers a storage compartment for slightly big carry-ons
- The double-arch hull helps for better tracking
As great as the unit is, you should make sure you can deal with these before you get one for yourself
- The hull on some units start to worp after a few uses
- The Riot Quest 10 does not have a sealed hatch
- The seat is not well padded and feels flimsy due to its plastic modelling
- Needs constant correcting in moving waters.
[usrlist “Performance:4.5” “Speed:4.5” “Durability:4.5” “Comfort:4.5” “Price:4.0” “Overall:4.4”]
We think the Riot Quest 10 kayak hasan issue in wanting to do everything well for all skill levels. It tries on other fronts, though, bringing one of the best materials of make on board.
That being said, you might not love the hull after a few uses – even though only a select few users have reported such cases. Barring all of that, the kayak is as good as they come.