If you were looking for a highly comfortable,functional yet beautiful kayak that just works out of the box, you might need to look no further than the Perception Sound 9.5.
Coming in beautiful finishes of red,orange and blue with some serious detailing, this could be the fix to your poor kayaking experience.
To check if that is true, we have cooked up a review on everything you should know about this machine.
Key Features of the Perception Sound 9.5
All kayaks might be named equally, but some are surely made more equal than others. That is one of the assertions that can be made on this Perception Sound 9.5, given the wide range of new features on display.
When next you eye one, know that these are some of the standout benefits it provides:
- Optimized for specific use – One thing we love about the Perception Sound 9.5 ishow it doesn’t try to do everything all at once. It picks a strong niche and delivers for that category of paddlers.
Thus, if you were to be going for a spin in recreational water bodies (lakes and ponds),you would find out that it best handles your need. The kayak is also great for slow-moving bodies of waters (such as rivers and streams).
Finally,you will be able to test it out on calm coastal waters – even though it won’t give the same kind of overall seamless operation as in the last two categories.
- Stability – For its small size, paddlers will not but be amazed by the amazing stability this unit offers.This feature has the tri-keel hull technology to thank.
- Portability –Another highlight of the Perception Sound 9.5 is its lightweight, making it very easy to transport from one place to another. If you are getting it, you are also soon to find out that it is relatively short, helping you to properly balance it when carrying.
Perception Sound 9.5 Specs
Concerned about how long your kayak will be? Maybe you want to know if it is something you’ll be able to move from one side of the lake house to the other.
Whatever your needs, here are the specs that define the design of this Perception Sound 9.5.
Depth: 13.1 in
Weight: 17kg/ 38 lbs.
Seat type: Padded (foam)
Material: Rotomolded polyethylene
Tracking system: None
Number of paddlers: 1
Weight capacity: 136kg/ 300lbs
Here are a couple of reasons why the Perception Sound 9.5 shines bright like the diamond it is, and we are not even talking about its paint job
- Storage – there is a large rear open compartment that can be used to hold anything from cooler to fishing gear
- Two rod holders are molded in for hands-free storage,even when padding
- The extra cushiony zone seat comes with an adjustable backrest function
- Drink holders and gear trays are included to keep your beverages/ other small items from spilling
- The cockpit edge comes with leg padding to improve comfort
- The molded-in dashboard helps keep your accessories(phone, watch, timer, etc.) handy
- At only 38 lbs., this model is very easy to carry
As great as this model looks, there are a couple of things that just doesn’t sit well. They are:
- Seats can be abrasive against mere skin if you’re paddling shirtless
- The seat can also be too low for comfort for some topaddle
- It stops moving almost as soon as you stop paddling
- They don’t do so well in fairly moving waters.
[usrlist “Performance:5” “Speed:4.5” “Durability:4.5” “Comfort:4.3” “Price:4.2” “Overall:4.5”]
Don’t let the cons of this product faze you. It still has a couple of pros and tricks up its sleeves to wow you with. If you are just starting out with kayaking or would like to paddle in waters as mentioned above, this will be the best fit for you. Otherwise, we suggest you keep looking at other models.