The Old Town Vapor 10 kayak offer some of the most distinguished builds of kayaks on the market today.
Beyond the aesthetics of the outside– which is absolutely amazing, by the way – the ergonomics cannot just be overlooked. Even though it is as compact as can be, it still provides a good enough space for easy entry, exit and to fit all body sizes.
We won’t let all the cat out of the bag here. Let’s dig in and see all there is to know about this sea-lover.
There are a lot of things that make the Old Town Vapor 10 stand out. That is just going on to show you how much thought the manufacturers put into making sure they brought something new into your market
Of the extensive set of features that it brings on board, here are the ones that sit down best with us.
- Large cockpit – We were not kidding when we mentioned this earlier.This kayak has the largest cockpit on any regular one its size in the market today. That allows it to accommodate riders of different sizes better.
Speaking of sizes, the kayak was also made to take the rider in without making them feel like they had too much space to spare. That is how great its space distribution and ergonomics is. Besides, you now get to enter and exit your kayak easily.
- Adjustable Seat – Just like cars, everyone has their own taste when it comes to seatsand how they are arranged. The Old Town Vapor takes that into consideration, allowing you make changes to the seat’s set up to suit your needs.
- Stability – Don’t let the small size on this thing fool you. It is one of the most stable kayaks out there and will take more than a small force to tip it anywhere
- Enhancements – To put even more fun into the overall kayaking experience, this Vapor 10 brings onboard some interesting enhancements. One of such is the beverage cup holder,the open well in the back (which can double as storage for your cooler), etc.
Old Town Vapor 10 Kayak Specs
Every unit of the standard Vapor 10 kayak that you get will be cut according to the following specs
Length: 10ft (3.05m)
Width: 29 in (73.66cm)
Weight: 44 lb (19.96 kg)
Capacity: 325lb/ 147.42kg
Total leg room: 45
Leg room to peg: 51
Included hatches: 0
Optional hatches: 1
Made in: USA
Those are just the lines you get when you unwrap the box your kayak comes in. Furthermore, you still get the owner’s manual, Carlisle Day Tripper 2-piece paddle and an Outfitter Universal PFD.
How does the Old Town Vapor compare against other kayaks in its category?
- Large enough cockpit for different body sizes
- Cockpit design supports easy entry and exit
- Suitable for tall riders too
- Adjustable seat provides all the comfort for riders
- Back compartment can be used to hold essentials and supplies
- Compact, lightweight yet sturdy at the same time
- Made in the USA, so quality is not a concern
- Best suited for amateur and intermediate paddlers.
On what points does the Old Town Vapor 10 fail to live up totally to expectations?
- The boat can be rather slow
- The high deck catches a lot of wind
- The large cockpit is paired with a huge bulkhead which can cause swamping in heavy waves
- Tends to spin out when you stop paddling.
[usrlist “Performance:4.75” “Speed:4.5” “Durability:4.8” “Comfort:4” “Price:4.5” “Overall:4.6”]
If you have been following, you would have known that this kayak is a great buy for learners and intermediate paddlers. It brings on board a couple of thoughtful add-ons to make the ride easier on you too.
Sure, it fails on some fronts – but it does well to make up for it on other places.
If you were hard pressed for a kayak that gave you a good value for your money and doesn’t take much effort to operate, this is the one for you.