Old Town kayaks are no fluke, and with this Heron 9XT model, they have cemented that claim even further.
It is not hard to see why we would say this kayak provides the ideal blend of comfort, quality and affordability for most users. If you are also worried about your kayak not being the most beautiful thing at the lake, you should probably stop doing so now.
Fortunately, the aesthetics is not the only thing that makes this model excel. Below, we are going to be looking at all the selling and pain points that this Old Town Heron 9XT brings on board for users.
Features of the Heron 9XT
We have a good deal of kayaks on the market today. Why pick this model over the others? Well, maybe if you considered the following:
- Hull – The hull is about as important as the kayak itself. It is, therefore, little wonder that we will choose to praise the sturdiness of this one. Made from rock-solid polyethylene material, the hull is one to hold its own against diverse conditions: from slow-moving waters to choppy currents.
- Comfort – When we mentioned this the first time, there was a reason behind that. This kayak model comes with a comfort fix seat which can be fully adjusted to meet theneeds of the paddler.
On top of that, the paddler also gets to enjoy the cup holder and overall carrying handles – which have been made to be as comfortable as can be.
- Better controls – We wouldn’t expect less from an Old Town fabrication, so the support track foot brace system is just in order. They will keep you in control when maneuvering high tides and swells in the water body.
- Security – OldTown is one of the oldest manufacturers in the world, and they have put their money where their mouth is on your kayak security. In fact, you get a lifetime warranty on the hull with every purchase of their Heron 9XT model.
- Affordability – For all that the Heron 9XT offers, we still find it surprising that it sold for almost a steal. Check with your local/ preferred supplier and confirm this too.
Heron 9XT Kayak Specs
Want to know what you’ll get when you put in for one of these kayaks? We’ve got you covered.
Weight: 39 lbs.
Color: Sunrise, Lemon grass, Red
Material: Single layer polyethylene
Number of paddlers: 1
Carrying capacity: 300 lbs.
Here are the things that makes this a great buy for anyone who is interested in them.
- The solid hull is made with the promise of holding against any type of condition
- Hull comes with a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer
- The price of the Heron 9XT gives a good value for the money
- The adjustable seat has ample padding for comfort
- Can carry up to 300lbs at once (includes paddler and other items in the storage)
- Support track foot bases (adjustable) helps maintain control during navigation
- Features classic Old Town design with quality craftsmanship
Make sure you can deal with all of these before making the decision to buy too.
- The Heron 9XT lacks a drain plug
- The cup holders are not as functional as they should be
- Doesn’t work well for adults with large frames
- Can get easily pushed around by mild currents
[usrlist “Performance:4.5” “Speed:4.2” “Durability:4.5” “Comfort:3.5” “Price:4.3” “Overall:4.2”]
The Heron 9XT might not be the shiniest new toy on the market, but it gets the job done. Not just that, but it gets it done too well.
If you can bring yourself to look past the little shortcomings it has, you will be getting yourself one of the best pieces of great craftsmanship out there. Should you feel it’s still not the one for you, you can check out other Old Town models as well as offerings from other manufacturers too.