If you are planning to go for an outdoor water-sport then kayaking in an inflatable kayak can be the best choice for you, whether you are a skilled angler or a hobbyist, as they are great watercraft to have experience in fishing. You should go through the inflatable kayak reviews provide in this write-up if you are planning to buy one for your personal use.
Reasons to Use an Inflatable Kayak
An inflatable kayak can be a great choice for hobbyists as it can be stored easily in the back of your car by deflating it easily. It will save your money to buy an expensive and awkward looking rack for the roof of your car. You can also store in your closet, when not using it, or take it with you while traveling with others.
Who is an inflatable kayak for?
Inflatable kayaks can be used by every adventure loving person, whether he is an advanced paddler or a beginner. Today inflatable kayaks are made very durable and dependable even in tough conditions. They can be used not only on flat water but also on the rivers as well as on the ocean without any fear of sinking and popping them. They are also liked for their light weight and adjustable structure. In the beginning, while sitting on them you may find them less stable than traditional kayaks but they are surprisingly supportive and stable than your expectations. However, there is a risk of getting them punctured but they are also provided with a maintenance kit to repair it as and when required.
1 Seater vs 2 Seater Inflatable Kayak
Today two types of inflatable kayaks mainly used for simply kayaking as well as for fishing. You can choose from them as per your preferences and requirements.
Solo one-seater kayak
These one seater kayaks have an enclosed cockpit in which you can sit in the top to keep the water away from you especially while kayaking in cold weather. The seats of these kayaks are a bit higher to allow you to sit on its top easily and to improve the range of your movement while fishing.
These kayaks are two-seater kayaks which can be converted to adjust even three persons or for using as a solo kayak. This kayak can allow you to go fishing with your friend or family. You can convert this kayak as per your requirement. It is also useful for you if you have lots of fishing gear with you as it can provide you additional space to put them.
Difference between 1 seater and 2 seater inflatable kayaks
The main difference between solo or single seater inflatable kayak and tandem or 2 seater inflatable kayaks is that former allows an only single person to use it whereas the latter one can be used by two persons. But you can also use tandem kayak even if you are alone as they can be adjusted accordingly. However, while using tandem kayak you will have to have full control on your boat by synchronizing your movements otherwise it works like a paddling boat. The second difference in these two types of inflatable kayaks is in their size and stability. Solo kayaks are less stable and shorter in size than tandem kayaks.
Pros and cons of solo inflatable kayak
- Best for those who love fishing alone
- It can take you to areas where even motor boats cannot go
- It can be inflated anywhere and anytime after reaching the fishing area
- It can provide you rod holders, extra storage space and, adjustable seats
- You are all alone to face difficult situations
Pros and cons of tandem inflatable kayak
- You have someone with you to talk while paddling or watching birds
- You have someone with you to help you in emergency conditions
- They are safer and safer than solo kayaks due to their larger size and heavier weight
- They provide lots of space to keep your belongings
- You will have to synchronize the movements of both the kayakers to control your boat
The inflatable fishing kayak reviews provided here under can help you in choosing the best inflatable kayak for you.
Reviews of Top Solo or One Seater Inflatable Kayaks
This set of 1 person inflatable kayak, made from durable and flexible materials, includes a high output air pump and aluminum oars to improve your kayaking experience.
- Cargo net to store extra gear
- Inflatable seat with backrest
- Aluminum oars are 84” long
- High output manual pump and repair patches
- Made from tugged vinyl
- Dimensions 30” x 15” x 108”
- Weight 27.2 pounds
- Maximum capacity of 220 pounds
- Strong construction
- Excellent capacity
- Extra storage space
- Flimsy paddle
- Uncomfortable seat
It is the best inflatable kayak for a single person as it provides a comfortable seat and additional storage space to keep your fishing gear safe.
This inflatable kayak is made of rigid panels and solid materials to improve your tracking experience.
- Lightweight design
- Unique outer cover for durability
- A high flow spring valve ad twistlok valves for setting up time quickly
- Tracking fin and landing plate for improving its performance
- Very stable
- Improved performance
- Difficult to get in and out
It is one of the best 1-person inflatable kayaks because of its strong construction and landing plate as well as tracking fin to improve your fishing experience.
In this fishing package Sea Eagle has provided this kayak for sports loving people. It is ideal for kayaking in white waters as its rating is up to class III.
- Weight 32 pounds
- Maximum capacity is up to 650 pounds or three persons
- External dimensions 2’ 10” x 12’ 6″
- Chamber includes starboard, floor, and port
- 5 deluxe one-way air valves
- Made from K50 PVC welded at high frequency
- 8 minutes of inflation time
- Made from sturdy materials
- Excellent capacity
- Safe for up to 3 persons
- Faulty seat
It can be the best choice for you if you want to go fishing with your friends or family.
Reviews of Top Tandem Inflatable Kayaks
This set of 2-person inflatable kayak includes an air pump and aluminum oars along with adjustable inflatable seats with backrest in the cockpit to make it comfortable for two persons.
- External dimensions 36” x 20” x 123”
- Maximum capacity up to 400 pounds
- Directional stability with a removable skeg
- Bright yellow color for easy visibility in emergency
- Made for smaller water bodies like mild rivers and lakes
- Visible during emergency
- Good for beginners
- Uncomfortable paddle
- Too small for two pesons
This kayak is ideal for those who like fishing in lakes and mild rivers.
This inflatable kayak is made from the toughest laminated PVC with a polyester core to make it highly damage resistant to sunlight and impact as well as lightweight.
- Extra stable and rigid with high-pressure inflation
- 2 removable skews for shallow and deep water,
- 2 footrests mounted on the floor
- 2 integrated dug in fishing rod holders
- 2 adjustable seat buckets
- Adjustable and removable mounting bracket for additional accessories
- Stern with stainless steel d-rings for tying down Dry bags and gear
- Total weight capacity up to 400 lbs
- Storage space in the bow
- Easy to inflate and deflate
- Stable and rigid structure
It is one of the most popular inflatable kayaks due to its strong construction and spacious design.
This inflatable kayak for 2 persons includes high output Intex pump for easy inflation and deflation, repair kit and 2 aluminum paddles 86” long for fun and sporty kayaking.
- Streamlined design for easy paddling
- Sporty graphics and bright green color for high visibility in the water
- Made of Super-Tough rugged vinyl for long-lasting durability
- Resistant to UV damage and puncture
- External dimension 30” x 15” x 138”
- Maximum capacity up to 400-pound
- Aerodynamic design
- Attractive looks
- Durable structure
- Lack of foot olds
- Terrible valves
It is the most recommended inflatable kayak for 2 persons for its durable and damage resistant construction along with other features.
The deluxe package of this inflatable kayak includes Two 7’10” AB30 Paddles, two DKS Deluxe Inflatable Kayak Seats and a 420x Hull along with other features.
- External size 39” x 14’ and internal size 15” x 13’ 4”
- Maximum capacity up to 855 pounds or 2-4 adults
- Made from reinforced 1000 Denier with overlapped seams
- 9 minutes of inflation time
- Rating in whitewater is suitable up to Class IV
- Kayak Carry Bag,
- A41 Foot Pump,
- Slide in Swept Back Skeg,
- Repair Kit and Instructions
- Manufacturer Warranty for 3 years
- Fast and easy inflation
- Build durable
- 3 year warranty
- Skeg not included
It is the nest kayak for its spacious design and durable construction for 2-4 adults.
This inflatable tandem kayak can improve your tracking experience with the help of its defined bow a stern along with built-in aluminum ribs.
- Puncture resistant due to three layers of materials
- Folded size 21” x 12” x 35”
- Maximum capacity up to 550 pounds
- Own weight 52 pounds
- Comes preassembled
- Start using after inflating it and attaching seats
- Adjustable seats with padded high support
- Can be paddled solo or tandem
- Sturdy structure
- Adjustable seats
- Heavy in weight
- Lacks paddles and pump
It is a highly recommended kayak because of its puncture-resistant structure and adjustable seats.
Which kayak should you choose?
Though choosing a suitable inflatable kayak is a matter of personal preferences and requirements still it can be suggested that you should choose one that is durable as well as comfortable for you, even if you have to use it for a long time.